• You are always on the latest current version
• If an employee leaves you dont have to renew that license
• You only pay for what you really need
• No big capital outlay
Why pay a big capital outlay for a perpetual license that will be old in a few months. Autodesk will no longer offer upgrade pricing at all. The only way to move to a current version would be subscription renewal or this 12 month license.
• Easier to manage your licenses. (Dont have to go hunting for old serial numbers when you want to upgrade). Log back into your account to retrieve your license.
• Say you upgrade your PC to a new operating system - be confident you are not on an old version that doesnt work
If you hire someone new - you can add additional licenses of the new version easily (all of the team on the same versions)
• Your accountant will love you. If you buy plant & machinery it usually has to to be depreciated over 8 years. However a desktop subscription (rental) for 12 month would normally be expensed to the P&L in the year you buy.
• Home use rights
• Previous version usage rights (if you prefer)